04 yamaha kodiak 450 slow

kevstr2
Just got a 450 and took it out. things rips really good! tried 4x4 and that works great. but now it wont disengage. all icons on the display are off. if you push the 4 x4 or locking diff i hear them engage and disengage. but now it doesnt go very fast. it feels like a rev limiter and it tops out at 20. I have changed out the carb as it was cheaper then the rebuild kits, but that it!  please help.......

Re: 04 yamaha kodiak 450 slow

YamahaGenuineParts.com
Administrator
Jack it up and run it with all 4 wheels off the ground and see if its in 4wd all the time.
Rev limiter should only work in reverse.
I would look at the fuel supply to the carb....
Keep us posted.

Speedy
www.YamahaGenuineParts.com
YamahaGenuineParts.com